Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Humans and Winter

I have decided that humans are very poorly adapted to winter. If they were expected to live in the wild, they would freeze almost immediately. No wonder they don't enjoy coming to the barn in winter. I wouldn't want to if I had to change my clothes and shoes everytime either. And their ears don't grow chickie fluff, and their noses and chins are bare. What are they thinking? I can understand getting some gear out, I never leave the barn without stopping to put on some equipment. But, a whole layer of coats? Shouldn't that be a more permanent thing? The first thing Brita does when she comes to the barn is plug in her red lamp in her Stuff Room to make it warm and cozy. Then she plugs in another cord to make the hot water. Next she rummages around for her gloves. Sometimes she puts on another layer. What a sissy!

I love snow. Snow is a cause for celebration. It's almost as much fun a my mud puddle. I can make snow angels...



....and throw snow balls from my hooves...


If I slam on the brakes, it makes a very pleasing spray. And Brita doesn't get upset when I lay in it. Snow is the best!




Hmmmm... now where was that puddle.....




2 comments:

Bif said...

I so agree, WP! I've seen some really hairy humans, but they are still so unprepared! Poor things.

It's nice that you have snow. We had a little bit here yesterday morning, but it was gone almost as soon as we went outside. No chance to roll in it...

And today was just long rain in mid-thirty degree weather. At least Mother brought me in before she cleaned, so I was out of the rain by five. She gives me extra hay on rainy or really cold days, so I don't mind it too much. I am from North Dakota, originally, though. I miss snow.

paint_horse_milo said...

Your blog is adorable! Ive enjoyed reading your posts. Your horses sounds like a sweetie and you got some cute photos too!