Tuesday, October 30, 2012

More Old Photos 2006

Not much going on around here as we wait out the dreary weather.  We hope everyone of our Blogger friends is high and dry.
 
 
I came home to NY when I had just turned two years old.  After a couple of "get to know you" rides, while I still remembered my lessons, my shoes were pulled, and for the next year or so I did a lot of not much.

 
The summer I was three, my aunt Holly began to work with me.  One day she called Brita and said "You have to come and try this grey horse.  He's so smart.  You would really like him"

 
I began my lessons again.  I started with some light chains on my hind ankles learning how to rack like a five gaited horse.  The chains tickle and made me quicken my step behind which is usually just enough to break up the 1-2-1-2 beat of a trot.

 
But it didn't really work.  I could do it a little, but I never really got the hang of it.
But I've been known to slip into the rack now and then when I'm all hot and bothered and have run out of better ideas to try.....

No comments: