Wednesday, July 15, 2009

In the summertime....

...when the weather's high, you can stretch right up and touch the sky

This is my field


This is me outstanding in my field...



Brita has a beautiful hayfield about half a mile from the barn. Several times a week we go galloping in it. We've checked the perimeter, and there are no holes, so it's safe for galloping.




Brita has fun too!


And we do a little actual work.



This morning Mom put me out in the paddock to graze with all my new fly fighting equipment.

Then Brita came at noon to ride. After our gallop in the field, I got pretty hot and buggy. I wish I had my nice fly sheet now!


So we went home for a nice warm bath, and Brita toweled me off after and scratched all my itches.

Mom, who does my laundry, would probably prefer if I took a bath before I went for a ride.

Afterwards I enjoyed a nice bag of hay. My staff has found that any time spent putting my hay in a bag is saved later when they clean my stall.



Speaking of Hay... this week has been hay making time. I'm used to seeing hay making equipment. This is parked right outside my door, and I'm used to walking under it, and stand quietly next to it while Brita gets on....



But these are starting to form a herd. I'm very skeptical of anything in a herd (remember the Wildebeasts?) So I gave them a wide berth and hurried past.


I wasn't sure if maybe there were Wildebeasts hiding behind them You can never be too careful! Other than that, I had a lovely summer day.

1 comment:

Leah said...

oh that looks like so much fun! Grey is a lucky guy!