Thursday, March 19, 2009

Satisfaction

I need to hijack Grey's blog today...

One of my favorite literary characters, Miss Elzabeth Bennett of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice once said:
"The more I see of the world, the more I am dissatisfied with it."
That's an attitude that is pretty easy to understand in this day and age, and that's basically what my attitude has been, particularly this week. There is a lot to be dissatisfied with, and some days it is difficult to find a reason not to be.

After my lunchbreak ride today, I can safely say I have never been more satisfied with any horse I have owned or worked than I am with Grey right now. I could go on and on about how willing and well mannered he was, and how he was supple and worked through himself with impulsion and collection. But why bore you with details. I am happy with my horse. He is a good boy, and today he has proven that he has achieved all the training goals I have set for him. I am proud of him, and pleased with myself. The only questions is.... where do we go from here? I have some ideas, but I'll have to let Grey tell you about them.

No comments: