Saturday, April 3, 2010

Like a Heat Wave

OK, it's not LIKE a heat wave. It actually IS a heat wave. All weekend we had temperatures in the eighties. Which is about 20 degrees warmer than it should be. Way to warm to be running around in your winter coat, but I did anyway. We had a good gallop around the cornfield. It was firm and dry and made really good "clop" noises. Then we took a stroll in the woods. All this activity got me really sweaty. Brita washed my tail and waited for me to dry off so she could scratch my itches, but it didn't really happen. Not to worry, I have a solution to wet itchy coats.

For our purposes today, we will need to find some dry dirt. Wet dirt is good for lots of things, but not for drying sweat.


Then you get yourself situated directly over the deepest dusty spot.




Drop down and get right in it.



Make sure you get your wet neck deep deep into it and scratch back and forth.



Then "Alley-ooop" and get your props back under you.





See? All nice and dry.




No comments: