Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Mud Spas and the Aftermath

I have been spa~ing it in the mud. I am so happy with my messes. First I apply a primer coat, then a base coat, and finally a finish coat. Sometimes I wear mud pies on my rump. It's very flattering.

Brita attacks it with a shedding blade. Can you see all the dust flying? She even puts on a dustproof-hairproof suit.

Then she measures the pile to see how well she did. This one was 3 inches deep and a hoof pick wide.



This is how I look with the mud removed, half an hour later. Still not clean by any stretch of the imagination, but at least Brita isn't ashamed to be seen in public with me, and my dapples show through.


Really, it couldn't have been too bad... see how clean my saddle pad was? Mom even turned it over to see if the expected dirt was hiding on the other side. The key is I did my trot work and hills and didn't break a sweat. I am getting fit quite fast. what does Brita think I do all day? Sit around? Nope, I DO stuff.




We even found a little green grass. It wasn't much but oh it was so good!


Afterwards, when Brita left, I went out and repainted my blank canvas! I can't waste all this beautiful mud!

4 comments:

Bif said...

Glad you had such a good time! Mother removed my mud yesterday with the water snake. Bbrrrrr...

Pony Girl said...

Wow, you sure clean up good! :) Love the dapples!

SmartAlex said...

Bif, I have been thinking it might be time for a snake bath, or at least a proper tailwashing.

Yeah, not bad dapples for a winter coat! Usually this time of year he looks like a scraggly Opossum. I think all this mud spa stuff is speeding up the shedding.

Zoe said...

Impressive with the mud!!