Saturday, June 19, 2010

Wet Saddle Pads

Whoever said that the best way to train a horse was a lot of wet saddle pads was a big meanie. Brita set out today to ride me until I got tired. She managed to ride me until I was sweaty and itchy and thirsty and cranky. I could have gone longer, but I didn't want to. We did ride until Brita got tired. I sweated so much my coat turned almost blue. Actually it wasn't that bad. We didn't see any flies, but I got really itchy by the time we got home and had to keep stopping to rub my face. As soon as my bridle was off I got some big, cold, juicy stalks of celery which were so refreshing. Then I got a nice warm bath and a fan, and I grazed in the breeze for awhile. I guess I'm not that cranky about it any more. But I WAS.




How do you like my new hat? It keeps the bugs out of my ears. The ears are too big, but we can fix that. I have shapely little Saddlebred ears. Not big muley ears.

2 comments:

Valentino said...

Love your blog Mr. Pendelton...

My person worked me entirely too hard over the weekend too. I don't know what she was thinking!

Grey horses rock -
Valentino

Bif said...

Well, you did get some treats out of it... that's important. And at least you tired Brita out.

I never get to do anything fun anymore!

Bif