Friday, September 25, 2009

Footloose and Fancy Free

Today Brita turned me loose in the BIG pasture. There was a big hole full of cat tails and frogs, that I had to avoid. I was very sensible, and stayed close to my people.



What I didn't get too close to was the fence... it looks like the last guy who did, got his britches caught. There are little pieces of fabric hanging everywhere, and fluttering in the breeze.



One time I got brave enough to go past the corner to the wide open space, but then I realised I was alone, and came running right back.



I got to explore in the woods. This scary creature turned out to be the end of a drain pipe, but it looked like a snake.



I ate some dirt, and chewed on a tree root.



Then I explored the run-in shed...



And played in the manure pile....



But mostly I enjoyed the grass. There were more different kinds than I've ever had to choose from.


The world is certainly wide, and full of wonders. I sampled quite a few of them today. I think I'm going to like the big pasture.

1 comment:

surroban said...

Love this blog, we have a beautiful grey saddlebred as well.